Monday, March 10, 2014

Keto Cheesecake

This is one of my favorite snacks on keto. It tastes just like a New York Cheesecake. Yummy! If you have some carbs to spare for the day feel free to add a little bit of whipped cream on top!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 60-70 minutes
Cool Down Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: About 140 minutes



Ingredients:
3 eggs1 cup whole fat sour cream
2 bricks whole fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 packs of sugar substitute, I used Truvia.
 Step 1:
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
 Step 2:

Mix all ingredients with mixer until very smooth.
I use a Kitchenaide and I mix on medium for 10 minutes. scraping sides and paddle along the way.
 Step 3:
Prepare a  water bath.
I use an 8 x 8 pan for the cake and a any baking dish that it will fit in, here I used a 10x 10  square.
Fill the bottom pan at least half way with water.
Step 4:
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the smaller pan and place on center rack of oven preheated to 350.






Step 5
Cake takes between 60-70 minutes to cook.
It will rise up above pan..do not panic. 
Make sure the cake is a light golden brown.
Step 6:
Shut the oven off and let cake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
Step 7:
Enjoy!!! This can be eaten both warm or cold. I prefer cold! After you take it out of the oven, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator to get cold.  Sometimes I do not want to wait so I eat it warm. It is delicious either way!
Store in the refrigerator.



2 x 2 square portion.









The macros for the full 8x8 square are: 196 grams of fat, 25 grams of net carbs, and 58 grams of protein. The macros for a 2 x 2 piece are: 19.6 grams of fat, 2.5 grams of carbs, and 5.8 grams of protein.

**Also, if you want to use other sugar substitute, you can use sweet n low.**

**Shout out to my mother in law for making the cheesecake and taking the pictures while I was studying for my test!****

2 comments:

  1. It blends better and less messy if cream cheese is room temperature.

    ReplyDelete